Sunday, July 23, 2006

It's hot.

So, someone who spent the last ten summers in Las Vegas and the last four weeks in Houston, Atlanta and Orlando should not be complaining about the weather in southern California. But I'm going to for a minute. Yesterday it was 97 here and over 100 everywhere inland. Today was almost as bad. The big difference is that, for the first time in my adult life, my home does not have air conditioning. They promised "coastal breezes for natural cooling" when we moved in. That works when it's 79, not 97. So we have been leaving our home as a family this weekend and hanging out at the mall, the bookstore, Starbucks and the movie theater. Turns out that strategy is as expensive as a regular power bill...I guess its a wash.

I'm going to stand in front of a fan now.

2 comments:

Sherry said...

I am totally with you, it's been over 112 here in Pleasanton. Not very pleasant!

Damn global warming!

Jennifer said...

Hang in there Joe! We had no AC for two days...96 with 88% humidity. Now that's just disgusting!!