Monday, August 03, 2009

Don't kick the dog...and other lessons


Less that one week from principal photography on Hitting the Nuts. Rocking the Amish beard now. And returning about a bazillion emails an hour. Pre-production on a feature film is wonderfully chaotic. I'm one of those people who loves it when life comes at you so fast all you can do is react. I always thought that would be the best part of being President. It was my favorite part of The West Wing anyway.

That said, I hate it when I get stressed out with work and start to get frustrated or lose my temper with other people. (Usually those I love most - my wife, kids and dog...especially the dog. Not that I especially love the dog, but that I especially get angry with the dog. You probably knew what I meant though. I digress.) You'd think approaching my thirtieth year as a Jesus-follower I'd have that figured out by now. The reality is that when I get really busy and overwhelmed I start to change back into the immature guy I used to be. I hate that. My prayer is that I can excel as a project leader through this production while maintaining a gentle and calm spirit. That's the person I want to be...this will be a good test.

Beyond any stressors or character flaws, I'm having a blast. This is gonna be quite a ride...

2 comments:

Jim said...

You need an amish hat and suspenders. Can you get a set? PLease hehe

I always ask for God's Love for me for that day. Seems to work don't know why but it does, must be supernatural.

Sometimes I go to CHOP for an hour of quiet time, forces me to listen to God and drains me of my circular thoughts.

Mo said...

Dang, you have pulled this off amazingly well. Praying for you as you pull into the home plate.