Friday, February 21, 2003

Saga Update



Things seem to be coming along rather well with Saga, our new storytellers association. About ten people have agreed to serve as volunteers within Saga. They are all my close friends and I'm very excited about working with them. My buddy Gregg Stokes (who blogs, but not nearly enough) is helping with some publicity and web development. We have a domain name now (www.sagastorytellers.com) It's just some very basic information until we can get it designed in the coming weeks.



The first show is set and I'm both nervous and excited about it. I hope we come close to selling out just so it will feel exciting and energetic. It feels very similar to getting ready for a new baby...you know that it will be good, but you have no idea how it will look or feel until it actually happens. I've never felt so simultaneously prepared and unprepared for anything as I have for starting Saga.



Things seem to be going better this year with Apex. I'm hearing some cool stories from the house churches and it looks like a Lutheran church in town will be offereing their building to us for our Sunday meeting at a very cheap rate. We still need to process if it is right for us, but it seems as though God may be opening a door with them. Apex hasn't really been close at all to making budget so far this year. It has been a weight of sorts to try to figure out what that means for those of us who are supported financially from the network. If things remain status quo we will need to make some significant staffing adjustments in 9 months or so. I'm not really worried about it. I know that it could turn around overnight, or that it may be God prompting us to change some things. Only time will tell for now. We could use some prayers in that direction.

No comments: