Saturday, March 08, 2003

A New Day's Comin'



I am overwhelmed in a good way about all of the new things on the horizon.



1. The Apex Gathering is moving on March 30 to the Christ Lutheran Church building located at I-95 and Jones. That excites me for numerous reasons: it's more centrally located for our churches, the room isn't orange, it's much cheaper, it's seats 500 instead of 800 so the crowd will feel bigger, and it really seems as though God has mysteriously led us there. I also feel like we are closer than ever to figuring out the long term future of the Gathering. We are five weeks into a 16-week thing now which is going well, but I think the next run will be a breakthrough for us.



2. Saga officially kicks off in less than 30 days on April 7, 9 and 11. I am truly excited and a little nervous about it. Ticket sales start next week and I can see them going slower or faster than expected...its so hard to tell what will happen. No matter what, I am very pleased with the opportunity to work with my friends to pull it off. Saga has been a monumental source of joy in my life this year.



3. Our new house should be ready in late May or early June. We had a meeting with our housemates last week to voice some fears and expectations of our new life together. I know that it won't be easy to learn to live with eleven other people, but I also know that the opportunity for growth and joy in my life will be eleven times greater.



4. As I mentioned earlier, I have made some new friends through my acting classes. They say that they want to come to see the Saga event, which is very cool.



With all of these good things, I would ask for your prayers for my sister-in-law Angie who is battling brain cancer, and has been for 8 or 9 years. It has been a source of sadness in our house of late, particularly with Deb.

No comments: