Sunday, July 18, 2004

The Stable Adventure

 

Stability, or at least our version of it, awaits.  I have been officially promoted to full time status with Tony n Tina's which means that I am working six days per week with a higher salary and a few benefits.  It is nice to know that we have some more security there.  It looks like we will be signing a 10 month lease on a rental house just four houses down from Ernie and Nan.  That means we will be Summerlin residents until at least June of 2005.  I'm getting ready to start the second week of a six-week acting class that runs from 9-3 on Mondays and Thursdays.  It has been really good so far...a lot of work, but really good.

 

I have been hired for two local indie films in town, but haven't been told when they start.  They both are supposed to pay a little, but I get the feeling that they might fall through.  I'm auditioning for another one tonight.  I'm waiting to hear from a few commercial auditions as well.  There is an outside chance that I'll do some extra work on CSI next week to try to get my SAG card.  I've decided to not do extra work unless it gets me a SAG voucher...once you have three vouchers you can join the union.

 

Eli starts school in six weeks.  Weird.  He seems excited about it all.  That's another thing that will gives us some stability/daily ryhthm.  Debbie and I are realizing that she prefers a stable life with some adventure thrown in and I tend to prefer the exact opposite.  We are shooting for 50% predictable, 50% unpredictable.  I think we are about there. 

No comments: