Thursday, May 01, 2003

Creativity



I aint got it today. If you were to come up to me and ask, "Are you a creative person?" I would say, "yes" without even thinking. I've always been told that I am creative, witty, clever, ruggedly handsome...you know. This week has been bone dry in the inspiration department. The crawling-man-looking-for-water-in-the-desert kind of dry. No new ideas. No funny thoughts. No manic screenplay concepts. No creative pain or torment. No energy to write or blog. Just blah. I think that I love improvisation because it is reactionary and not premeditated. Creativity is not an option when someone walks up to you and says, "Doctor, look at this x-ray..." I think that geekly role playing games like D&D are good for this too. It's been a long time, but I'd like to play again sometime.



I learned today that, for me at least, sitting down to be creative is like lying down to go to sleep...it only works if you are sleepy. Speaking of sleepy...I might go take a quick nap before my next appointment.

No comments: