Friday, May 09, 2003

Discipline



It's a funny thing with me. For a few years now I have been struggling with living a disciplined life. All of sudden I have noticed a change. It all started about a week ago. I cleaned my workspace in the office. It had been almost a year since I really cleaned it. I threw away a ton of stuff and filed things from last year. A few days later I cleaned my car, got an oil change and replaced my wiper blades. The next day I started eating better. (This day coincided with my fat blog.) The next two things are biggies: 1. Going to the dentist for the first time in a long time. (I'm too ashamed to say how long its been.) and 2. Getting back into a daily pattern regarding some spiritual and physical exercises. I will tackle those next week.



I was struck by a verse at a church that I attended last night. "Whatever you do, work at it with all of your heart, as if working for the Lord." There is something in it for me. I am repelled by it a bit, because years of "working for the Lord" had left me battered and tired. But I was drawn to "whaterer you do" this time. I think that I am ready to see what Col. 3:23 means in this new resurrected life. I am excited about the possibilities.

No comments: