Saturday, January 03, 2004

New Year, New Hope



I have two tattoos. The first one, a pair of sandles, is on my right ankle. Early Christians used this symbol to indicate that a traveling teacher was coming to town. The second tattoo, a bow, is on my right wrist. The Greek philisophers used the bow to explain the meaning of logos to their students. My take on logos is that it represents the universal perfect story. St. John claimed that Jesus was the logos.



In a moment of mysticism this time last year God "told me", whatever that means to you, that I would make a living from telling stories. And that I would plant churches wherever my feet took me to tell stories. I didn't get it until tonight....exactly one year later.



I think a church might have started tonight at the Rio. It's far too early to see the state of the soil...but the seed has been scattered.



Pray for me.

No comments: