Thursday, January 29, 2004

Just for fun...get a job



This is my last week as a full-time employee of Apex. I have until May 1 to figure out exactly how to compensate for the loss of income. Tony n Tina's helps, but right now its only part-time. I requested to go full-time there, and they said, "Yes...as soon as a position opens up." That could be next week or next year...



It looks like I should be getting an agent, which may help some. But there is still a missing link. I have felt all along that God has been promising to let me make my living via storytelling in one way or another. It's that strange balance of trying to figure out when to be patient and when to go "make something happen." If TnT opens up before May, that will be enough for us to survive (barely). If it doesn't, I need to find a third way to generate some scoots.



Some days the whole puzzle is fun to put together. Other days it is scary. Mostly, I hate thinking about it all...I had no idea how much security was generated from a weekly paycheck. I feel like everyone either sees what we are doing as too risky or not risky enough. I don't care, so long as we are faithful. If you pray, we could use a little help in discerning the details of our life...

No comments: