Thursday, November 17, 2005

My van door fell off and other stuff...

Quite a day. I had an 8:30 call this morning at a house in North Hills, north of LA, for the Age of Empires III commercial. It went great, but on the way there the sliding door in the minivan flew open and broke on a freeway exit ramp. I was pulling off of the freeway because I could tell the door wasn't fully latched. As I hit the gas to turn onto a street the door flung open and came off track...losing a few bolts. I managed to fix it enough that it stayed "on", if not closed, for the drive to LA. Basically, I drove over 100 miles today with the door stuck open though. I'm getting an OK paycheck for the commercial, so I'm hoping it will be a wash with the repair bill...

ANYWAY...this was a 60 second comedic spot...very funny in a silly "Bill and Ted" way. I wore an authentic British Red Coat soldier costume complete with knee-high boots, fake sideburns, funny hat and a real sword. They had my measurements all wrong (too small), so I could barely breathe, but it was good fun all the same.

I also found out today that I have a callback Friday to be the host of a new TLC/Discovery Channel show about UFO's. I feel strangely qualified for it. They are looking for a real host, not someone playing a character, so I would be my skeptical self investigating UFO sightings all over the USA. Here's hoping it goes well...would be a regular TV gig that could exercise both the creative and scientific sides of my brain.

That's all for now...gotta go to bed so that I can get up early and take the van into the garage...

No comments: