Friday, January 09, 2009

The Eyes Have It

I've had the kind of sickness this week that slows you down in an annoying way. A throat infection that moved to my eyes...just annoying more than anything else. I can't read or write for more that a few minutes without my eyes burning. I've slept a little more than normal this week and feel great from the neck down. I picked up some magic drugs at Walgreens a few days ago and feel a little better today than yesterday. (Side note: some Walgreens now have nurse practitioners stationed next to the pharmacy to treat colds, flus, etc. It was cheaper and faster than going to the doctor. Whoever thought of that should get a raise. I recommend it.)

The big bummer for me is that the first week of January is usually one of my favorite weeks of the year. I tend to write some Jerry McGuire-style manifesto about the coming year. It has been hard to access the energy to dream about 2009, but I feel it starting to kick in now. I'll just be a week behind all year, which means I'll be celebrating our national freedom on July 11 among other things. Look for an inspiring manifesto next week...

4 comments:

Stacey said...

So now if you say "Merry Christmas" on new years eve, we'll all know why. ;)

Looking forward to the manifesto. Feel better, Joe!

Joules Evans said...

Aye, Aye.

Praying for you, and looking forward to forthcoming inspiring manifesto!

Michael Joseph Sharp said...

Here's to you feeling better, and getting better.

Thanks for the note about Walgreens, ... good to know.

What do they actually do in terms of "treating cold/flu" though? Just curious.

Joe said...

it's like an urgent care...the nurse prac examines you and writes scripts.