Friday, January 02, 2009

Blah.

I nearly always get sick after Christmas. I think it's because I tend to run myself to the point of exhaustion preparing the next great Christmas production every year. Even when I wasn't in church work, I'd often find myself involved in some big project like the timeless classic A Christmas of Convenience. (Just ask the 80 people who saw it...)

So, I'm sick. I'm not sure how sick I am just yet. I've had a slight fever today and a sore throat. I coughed all night last night which drove me into the arms of my favorite alcoholic beverage, NyQuil. (It's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good.) Anyway, I took a few swings at 4:00 a.m. and woke up at 1:30 this afternoon. I had some food and tried to work, but was back in bed by 3:00. I'm speaking this weekend at VCC to kick off our new series called One Life. I'm excited about it and should be able to push through in spite of the plague.

On a very, very side note. I have a fun audition Monday for Betty Anne Waters, a new Hillary Swank film shooting in Michigan. This would have been a big audition for me even when I was living in Los Angeles - I'd get about one big feature film audition per month. Evidently, I get one about every two years living in Ohio. It's not my job anymore, just the world's most infrequent hobby. I'm reading for the part of an Irish bartender named Aidan, so I'll need to get one more visit in with Jason before he goes home to work on my accent.

Until then I'll be talking myself out of my illness...

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Aww, feel better, Joe! My family tends to get sick around this time too, but I think it's because of the Cincinnati weather happily jumping on its trampoline of inconsistency.

See you on Sunday!