Thursday, January 29, 2009

Fairy Tale'n

Well, today was the day I was to finish my fairy tale. I am almost done and will turn it into Standard Publishing tomorrow. Of course, I mean "done" with the first draft. I'll post the gritty details tomorrow. My brain hurts from the sprint to the finish, but while deciding on the introduction I found two quotes that I am going to let stand alone with no commentary. I thought I'd share those with you now. They are by two men who changed my life by writing books before I was even born. One man changed my life with his fairy tales. The other with his book teaching me that fairy tales are more true than anything else that could be written.

“Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten."

- G.K. Chesterton

“My dear Lucy,

I wrote this story for you, but when I began it I had not realized that girls grow quicker than books. As a result, you are already too old for fairy tales, and by the time it is printed and bound you will be older still. But some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again…”

- C.S. Lewis in the dedication of The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe

3 comments:

workinprogress said...

excellent quotes to use.

see you and the mrs tomorrow.

eaglegirl said...

You are my hero. I love fairy tales. Especially the Chronicles of Narnia.
The 2nd time I saw the first movie I was like "yea, now I really get it" and quickly reread the "Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe".I'm looking forward to reading all the books and getting into the deeper meaning too. Aslan is just so amazingly cool.
I can't wait till your book is published. VCC gets first dibs.

Unknown said...

sweetness.
can't wait to read it!