Tuesday, August 13, 2002

Why I Am Afaid Today



I am afraid that we are going to screw it up. I awoke this morning with the stark realization that God actually is at work through the emerging simple church movements of North America. I am hearing about new ones literally everyday. It is already too big for any of us to control. I can see a posturing for position on a national level. I can see that not all ego, including my own, has died. I can see the death of our movement before it even has been fully birthed.



There will be, and already are, people who will take glory and credit for this movement of God. By his grace, let it not be me. And may it not be you, dear reader.



We are sinners and full of pride and arrogance. This movement will die the second that we attempt to control it or claim it. Let us never forget the full message that Jesus has brought to us:



"Repent, for the Kingdom of God is here."

No comments: