My favorite Oscar moments:
5. David Letterman cameo-nice.
4. The comedy that Jon Stewart actually influenced, ala the "campaign videos"
3. Reese Witherspoon's speech. Very real and authentic.
2. Philip Seymour Hoffman winning. He's superhuman good at acting.
1. Every time George Clooney was on screen. This is gonna sound a little gay, but I can't take my eyes off of him. I predict he will be president in twenty years.
My least favorite Oscar moments:
5. The theme of downplaying DVD's in favor of cinema. Don't beg, just make better movies.
4. The countless montage videos. You could tell Jon Stewart hated them too.
3. Ben Stiller. I reall really like him, but the green suit made me feel weird.
2. Winners bringing props (bowties, penguins, etc.) It feels less than humble.
1. The celebrity reporter people asking stupid questions. They are embarassing.
And in other news...
I've decided to teach a four-week Saturday morning Improv class. I've gathered about six students via Craigslist and will limit it to twelve. E-mail me if you are an interested Orange Countian. The cost is $30/class for four weeks. It will start sometime in April.