Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Busy Summer Days

The last few weeks have clipped by for our family. Both Debbie and I have been working non-stop on one thing or another. The kids are doing well, but a little testier...likely because we are so busy. The ancient fathers have taught me that busy-ness is a sin and that life is lived in the serenity of each moment. I wish the ancient fathers had lived in Orange County with a mortgage payment...but they generally lived in monestaries and the desert wilderness...sometimes perched atop large wooden poles. Since I'm not moving to the mojave to live on a pole anytime soon, I'll try to figure it out as I go.

My new San Diego agent (Shamon Freitas Agency) has landed me an audition tomorrow for a new soap opera called "Art of Betrayal." As you know, I'm nothing if not a soap star. Today's audition was for a feature film called Grindin'. It was at Sunset-Gower studios in Hollywood...several network shows are made there. I've been to most all of the major studios now. The quality of my auditions has grown exponentially since my return from the Hampton tour. I feel like something is close to breaking...

In my spare time (he laughs as he types), I am producing the My Take films and another 3-minute comedy short. I hope to have these done by the end of the year. Right now I'm building a production team, looking for final funding, and dusting off the books from my production company, Rebel Pilgrim Films, which I started in Las Vegas last year.

Now I must go watch Rock Star: Supernova. It fills the American Idol void. (Wow, those two sentences makes me look really lame.) Lost and The Office will be back soon...then I can feel a little more hip in my TV watching.

Shalom.

1 comment:

JPN said...

Great point on time, I'm realizing more and more how precious time is with two kids, both parents working (at least part time) and other such issues of life.