Saturday, November 27, 2004

Mr. Boyd, hottie or child molester?



This week was my first as a substitute teacher. I was at a northwest HS, teaching Psych. and Sociology. I didn't like it. I'm going to try it again...but, wow, did I so not like it. The teacher left me no lesson plans and the kids were out of control. The other teachers apologized when they heard that I was subbing for this particular teacher. I have to think that it was close to worse case scenario. I did talk with the theater teacher and gave her my number. I'm going to try it again, but not for a few days.



Teaching has always been the ultimate backup if all else fails for me. I'm not sure that I feel that way anymore. I'm sure that if it was my class from day one I could shape it...but I don't know. These kids were very defiant. (One girl called me a child molester and another stood up and told the class to F--- off...Another girl raised her hand in the middle of a lecture and told me I was "a hottie." The class laughed and I told her that I could get arrested for her thinking that. FYI, I couldn't get a single girl to say that when I was actually in high school, but that's a different story...Another kid watched South Park on his laptop the whole time. You get the picture.)



So...I want to be an actor real bad now. I have two auditions Monday. One for a feature Disney film shooting in Salt Lake...pray that the Lord delivers me.



I miss a lot of you...looking forward to Apex in a few weeks.

No comments: