Sunday, February 25, 2007

Making Movies, Playing Golf



It's all about the big meeting in Vegas for my film this week. This is the new teaser movie poster from Garrett Cury.

We were able to carve out a 26-hour vacation this weekend to San Diego. We spent the day in Old Town and the kids played their first real round of golf at the par 3 chip and put there. Aidan got his first real par on the back nine - about ten years ahead of my pace. Eli chipped in for par on the 16th. Looks like they inherited their golf skills from both grandpa's and not dad.

My friend Todd took me golfing last week. It was my first time in two years. It was pretty ugly, but I may give it another go soon.

1 comment:

AmyRuth said...

No I'm not 6 years old but this is my very first Google experience and I have Mr.Boyd to thank for the motivation.(insert smiley face here) It started by reading an article over "Hitting The Nuts" published by The Giveaway in Scott County, IN. One research effort lead to another and here I am!I've learned that you plan to improvise a lot of dialect in your film. I was wondering if you'd be interested in gaining some absolutely hilarious & genuine dialogue from actual Scott County characters at a poker game? Good grief, these people are pure entertainment for me. They rival scenes from a Saturday night Live episode at times. I've never even played, always been content to watch, listen, and laugh. Three of my favorite things to do. Anyway, I'm very jealous you've attended The Second City but I still wish you the best of luck with your film! I'm sure it will be a huge success if I help you with it, and a complete failure if I don't. So the family likes golf? Let your little ones watch Happy Gilmore, then take them back to play. lol Do you find it difficult to balance a broad spectrum of comedy with religion? See this is why I don't google. I feel like a weirdo to know things about you. I'm married, have a 7 year old and a 4 year old, help my husband with his business, and go to school part-time. There.. we're even. Now please quit harrassing me.