Friday, September 21, 2007

Dr. Salvador Antonucci


This is Dr. Salvador Antonucci, Associate Professor of Classics and Greek Studies at Butler Technical College in Hamilton, Ohio. (He's not real. He's me.) Dr. A was invented to open up the Alpha Course here at VCC last week. He burst into the back of the class and attempted to take over, before Dave kicked him off the stage.

I cannot overstate how strange it is to be me. There have been two moments since arriving here when I felt completely comfortable. One was my first time teaching at the weekend celebrations. (I was nervous, but strangely comfortable.) The other was when I fully became this character. I have come to believe that I have the most ridiculous skill set in the world. I'm happy to have found a place to explore it in a different way.

I'm not sure if Dr. A will ever live again, but there are 1,000 other people like him trapped inside of me. (Wow, that sounds a bit like mental illness.)

As Dr. Antonucci would say, "We must repeat the past or else be forced to rewrite the future."

Yeah, I don't know what he means either.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can only imagine what that class must have been like . . .
I am happy that you have found an outlet for all of those people in your head - it's only mental illness if you keep them locked up inside with no way out. I miss you, your sense of humor and all of your "little friends" (including Dr. A - I feel like I already know him - he actually kind of looks like Bill Gates).

Love to you, Deb, Eli & Aidan

Unknown said...

OK, now that is a look for you. You should consider that as a permanent thing. One small problem - I used to do MY hair that way and well you know what happened to mine.

Agree with Sandy. Miss all those people and the rest of the crowd both in your head and in your household. Give Deb a Hug.

Unknown said...

Brillient.

Unknown said...

I meant, "BrilliAnt".