Thursday, April 24, 2008

Improv's coming to VCC

For you locals...

I'm going to be helping my friend Missy Whitis lead an improv workshop for people at VCC. Most of you who know me have an understanding of how the rules and community of improv have shaped my life. Apart from just being fun, improv has a magical way to create intimacy, community and trust. It's a spiritual activity.

If you want to join us, come to The Vineyard main stage this coming Tuesday, April 29 at 7:00 pm.

"Improvisation, it is a mystery. You can write a book about it, but by the end no one still knows what it is. When I improvise and I'm in good form, I'm like somebody half sleeping. I even forget that there are people in front of me. Great improvisers are like priests, they are thinking only of their God."

-Stephane Grappelli

1 comment:

Helen Ann said...

Looking forward to a night of fun! :) I miss improv sooo much. It will be good to oil the gears!