Saturday, July 12, 2008

Way to go, Miah!


My friend Jeremiah Smith has had a pretty good week. Miah finished 146th out of nearly 7,000 in the main event of the World Series of Poker in Las Vegas. He was actually leading the world championship at the end of Day Three (Thurday). He busted out earlier today taking a few unlucky flops with better cards. I couldn't be more proud of him.

Miah and I first met when he was a pastor in Manchester, NH. Right after we moved to California, Miah and Melissa moved to Vegas. They literally took our place at our house church and Miah was able to teach some at Apex in my absense. In fact, my first blog post ever was written at Miah and Melissa's house in NH on August 2, 2002...the first day I met him.

God is using Miah in a unique way. His recent press is well deserved...please take the time to read this article at ESPN. It's more about his faith than poker: Jeremiah on espn.com.

No comments: