Sunday, December 07, 2008

Tis the season.

Assuming Dave doesn't get laryngitis or win a free trip to Cancun over the next three weeks, I've taught my last four weekend Celebrations of the year at VCC. This weekend we looked at Peter's life as an example of how Jesus saves a person over time by working us through our rebellion, pain and self-centered dreams toward a redeemed life. God recycles the junk we make of our life and gives it back as beautiful and useful art.

We concluded by looking at a chapter in C.S. Lewis' The Great Divorce. It's a favorite of mine:




Tahnee Torres, Brad, Isaac and some of our other artists at VCC worked up a cool video rendering of the chapter. You can see it when the weekend video streams on the VCC website tomorrow.

I'll be plenty busy over the next two weeks getting ready for The {Re}Gifter. If you haven't booked your free tickets yet, do it now. It looks like we could fill all six shows. There are also some cool tools at www.regiftershow.com to invite your friends via e-mail.

4 comments:

Sandy Maudlin said...

great message today and loved the chapter from cs lewis's masterpeice. Love that back. looking forward to regifter.

Bill Wright said...

Your right Joe! He uses it all, every bit of it and creates someone beautiful.

The message touched me so much Saturday that I had to come back Sunday and hear it again.

Question: Do I have to tithe twice because I attended two celebrations?
8-P

Michael Joseph Sharp said...

My favorite CS book, and one of my favorite books of all time.

Misty's Stories said...

I can't wait till the day comes to see this... it's gonna be so awesome.....