Friday, August 30, 2002

Friends



I would just like to thank "Ernie" Caldwell, Doug Parks and Greg Hubbard for being my friends. As I had lunch with them today I was able to look into the eyes of three grown men and know that I have been looking into their eyes since they were children. I have now lived more years on planet earth as Doug and Ernie's friend than I have lived a life seperate from them. (We meet when I was 13 and now I am 29...) I have known Greg for 11 years, since my Freshman year of college. Another great friend of mine, Jeremy Ohl, often says that "time is the ally of the man who uses it." I just want to thank these three men for moving to Las Vegas with me so that we could make time our ally.



I look forward to watching many of my current friendships grow in the same depth. I am especially excited about the opportunity to live in the same house with Kenny, Kelly, Jake, Gabriel, Doug, Cheryl, Emma, and Loradanna. (Yes, that's 12 people when you count my family...but its a big house.)



I drive a 1990 Toyota Camry and have no wealth accumulated in my bank account, but I am rich...filthy rich...unfair rich in friendships.



I have walked through the eye of the needle and found wealth on the other side.

No comments: