Thursday, August 22, 2002

Pilgrimage 2003



Maybe I'm still addicted to big churches, big conferences and big ideas.

Maybe I still dont understand the worth in the small, the simple, the normal.

Maybe I still want to be successful, famous or important.

Maybe I am still fundamentally an American consumer who loves a big show.

Maybe I'm still pissed off that I was born too late to be a hippie.

Maybe I still want the institutional church to see that we can be big too.

Maybe I still want to win the world for Jesus all at once through an event.

Maybe I am stupid for even bringing it up...



But what if we picked some farmer's field in Kansas and threw all of us simple church freaks (not just us respectable church planters-the whole freaky church) in mama's station wagon...and showed up with no agenda, no speakers and a bunch of tents, guitars and bibles...maybe or maybe not?







No comments: