Saturday, May 31, 2008

A Good Night.


We had a great night at the ballpark. Papaw Colbert (Deb's Dad) took the boys and me to see the Reds and Braves tonight at Great American. The Reds won in eleven innings. Jay Bruce went 4 for 5, raising his career batting average to .571. I'm just saying, he might end up panning out. Maybe my kids will brag that they saw Jay Bruce's third game ever when he scored the winning run in extra innings. After the game they put on a big fireworks show. I'm not a huge fireworks fan, but it was about as good as it gets. The kids loved it and fell asleep on the way home.

I can remember seeing the Reds every summer when I was their age. We'd drive up from Kentucky to watch Rose, Morgan, Bench and the gang. Moving back has made it much easier to reconnect with the Red Legs.

Here's to summer and to baseball's oldest professional team.

3 comments:

The Hubbard Family said...

I enjoyed that post a great deal.

Unknown said...

yeah, kinda sentimental, but the cubs have the best record in the bigs right now. nothing else matters. except maybe a world series win...

The Hubbard Family said...

we win it every '08 since baseball was invented. this will the year!