Sunday, May 25, 2008

John Ortberg

I mentioned John Ortberg this weekend at VCC in my message. John was a very influential communicator for me early in my life when I was trying to find my own voice and teaching style. Back then he was at Willow Creek church in Chicago. His wife Nancy befriended me after she had assumed the next gen ministry stuff at Willow. They were both very kind and gracious to me as a kid in my early twenties full of questions and ideas.

I lost touch with them, but recently discovered the website of their church in Menlo Park, CA. All of John and Nancy's messages are available for free there in manuscript form or in audio/video stream. I just think it's a great resource if you are looking for a new voice to speak into your life.

So, check it out at www.mppcfamily.org.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I went to that church for three years. John's books come across a little repetitive, but he's the single best teacher I've ever sat under in my entire life.